Universal design standards in homes are more commonplace than ever. Green design is a value we share with our clients
Universal design standards in homes are more commonplace than ever.
Many of our clients come to us for modifications to their home to accommodate aging in place or other accessibility concerns. We have designed public and private bathrooms, circulation ramps and other spaces that meet universal design standards and are fully accessible.
For one such project, our clients wanted to be able to always enjoy the view and sunset from the top of their berm house. We connected the driveway to the sunset deck with a continuous, low slope ramp in the back to provide for access without using any stairs.
Green design is a standard we share with our clients.
Our experience in cutting edge sustainable design and building standards has molded our view of renovations from inception. We have designed LEED rated and WELL certified homes and always recommend energy efficient and resilient options whenever possible. We have worked with consultants to provide a variety of sustainable features such as:
- Geothermal heating system
- Solar hot water and electric panels
- Hot water energy reuse system
- Insulation and high R-value wall cavity details
- Permeable exterior surfaces
- Locally sourced building and landscape materials
- Green roof design
- Whole house ventilation/heat pump system
- Clean air control implementation and air quality monitoring
- No-VOC and low-VOC material selection